Monday 8 September 2014

My Favourite Drug Store Lipsticks



Hi everyone! These are my top 5 favourite drug store lipsticks. If you have any suggestions of other lipsticks I should try, or that you think people should know about, please leave a comment below. :) xx
Oh, and these are in no particular order...although I like the Chi Chi one the best ;)

Maybelline New York Super Stay 14 hr Lipstick

When they say Super Stay, they mean Super Stay. If you're looking for a lipstick that lasts a ridiculously long time without smudging or bleeding, this is for you. I actually wore this to my school formal (or prom) and I was so happy with the results. It lasts forever, particularly if you use the Maybelline New York Super Stay 14 hr Lip Liner. A cool trick to make your lipstick last even longer is to apply your lip liner all over your lip instead of just around the edge. I have this lipstick in the colour Ravishing Rouge, which is number 065. It's a really bright, vivid red, which is very bold and perfect for a night out (or a formal!)

Maybelline New York Colour Whisper

Another Maybelline lipstick, and another goody. The colour whisper is nice and light and gives you a "whisper" of colour (get it ;) haha). I find that this lipstick is really great for everyday wear, particularly in the colour I have which is Mad for Magenta (number 95). It's a really pretty, girlie pink. This lipstick has a glossy finish, which I love. I usually like to go for a matte lip, but I just really like this lipstick. 

Chi Chi Viva La Diva 

I. Love. Chi Chi. I was introduced to them by a friend of mine who bought me a birthday present when I was thirteen or fourteen. It was a really cool beach set with a huge pink tote, a beach towel and a can of spray tan and I have loved them ever since. This lipstick is no exception. I could rave about the Viva La Diva collection for hours. The packaging is so cute, the colours are amazing and the lipstick is sooo good! I love You Had Me At Hello, which is a really bright coral colour. It's so vivid and every time I wear it, I'm complimented on it, which has to be a good thing haha!
It's sometimes hard to find these at drug stores, but if you can't find it, Target has a whole Chi Chi section :).

Mud

I don't really own anything else by this brand. I picked up this lipstick in my local supermarket for about $2.00 (don't quote me on that, but it was very, very cheap) and I really like it. It usually sits in my handbag for on the go touch-ups to my makeup. It's very similar to the Colour Whisper, in that it is perfect for an everyday look, but the Mud lipstick has more of a shimmer in it. I have it in the colour Crazed Candy, which is number 052. I really like this colour. Again, it's a nice fresh, flirty, girlie pink.

Rimmel London Kate

These lipsticks are amazing. I had an incredible hot pink one (I think it was number 20 or 25), but I've lost it *tear*. I used to wear it everywhere. I would honestly wear hot pink lipstick to go grocery shopping because I loved it so much. Every single colour is fabulous, except I find that number 113, which is a really pretty nude colour, goes on a bit chalky unless you put masses of it on. It also doesn't last very long and you have to keep reapplying every five minutes, which isn't very fun. But every other colour that I've tried has been absolutely amazing and I would definitely recommend investing in some of these. They are fantastic.

xo Laurenna Jade 

No comments:

Post a Comment